Tuesday, 30 June 2009
This is where I'm at after 22 hours of work, and I would guess there could be another 20 hours to go, as you can see i've put down the first layer on his right leg and have also started on his left leg, the paws are the most trying part at the moment as there not shown on the photograph I'm working from, so Im using references from other Tiger pics, still no name for this piece.....
Sunday, 28 June 2009
And so after a few more hours of work this is where I am with drawing with no name, most of todays drawing time has been taken up with the right side of the face and the whiskers, also managed to draw in some of the chest and right leg, more tomorrow I hope.
Thursday, 25 June 2009
Well here we go again, after 13 hours of re-drawing the Tiger I am approx back to where I was when it all went terribly wrong!! this time I have negatively drawn in the whiskers and hidden the indenter in the draw, I will refine them later... will post more as I progress.
Monday, 22 June 2009
This was to be my new piece of work, until after 6 hours of drawing I decided to attempt the first whisker by indenting into the paper, having practiced a few times with different darning needle points etc I made my first mark and knew straight away that not only was it not wide enough for the whisker in proportion to the drawing but it was also not smooth enough to give a realistic effect, I had considered drawing them using the negative drawing effect and now wish I had tried that first. I have tried to disguise the damage by drawung leaves in the background but in my eyes it still stands out and slaps you in the face, so this is now heading for the filing cabinet marked dustbin, and I am starting all over again.... not a waste of time really as another lesson has been learned.......
Friday, 19 June 2009
Finished this piece sooner than expected, drawing time approx 25 hours, size is 8 x 5inches, drawn on Mellotex paper, using 4b, 2b, hb, and 2h Grahite, I seemed to have spent more time sharpening the 4b pencil than I have drawing, but I'm fairly pleased with the outcome, hope you like it too, all comments welcome.
Thursday, 18 June 2009
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
It's been a few days since my last posting due to work and family commitments, but here is my new WIP, no prizes for guessing its a head portrait of a Zebra! I have shown progress over three days, with a close up of the eye area showing the indenting technique used for the eye lashes, drawn on mellotex paper, size when completed will be approx 8 x 5 inches.