Monday 29 September 2008


As a life long Pink Floyd fan, I was saddened to hear the news that Richard Wright passed away on the 15th of September 2008. I first heard Meddle by Pink Floyd being played in the common room at college,I was only 15 and from that moment they changed my appreciation of music, I have every album they have released some more than once, I've been lucky to see them in concert 4 times. Wright always more in the backgound than Waters and Gilmour so his contribution to the group was often undervalued, yet without him, Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you Were Here and the later albums after Waters departure would not of been the classic Albums they became. Things will never be the same to all Floyd fans, but the music lives on for ever, think I'll go and put Meddle on to make me feel better.

No comments: