Saturday, 7 August 2010

Robin Update



Now that the Robin is as good as completed, I've started on the background, I'm basically making this up as I go along, all this foliage will wrap itself around the gate post that the Robin is stood on, each leaf seems to be taking forever to do, but I'm in no rush, I hope to include a few insects onto the Bindweed as they develop. I have included a close up pic of the leaves etc, all of the stalks etc in the dark background have been drawn on a blacked out area using BlueTac.

4 comments:

Dors said...

This is going to be wonderful Grahame.
Already I can see a masterpiece. I have watched your work for quite some time now and the advancement in your work is enormous.

Great job.

Grahame Butler said...

Thank You Dors, I remember you posting on my very early blogs, and I have also watched your work develope! I looked at an early drawing of a Kingfisher I did, at the time I thought I couldnt get any better, but its true what they say practice practice practice...

Bev said...

Thanks for your tutorial Grahame, it is very interesting and informative. I sometimes use this method for long fur to get depth but I find having to reshape the bluetack after every use somewhat frustrating. I cant wait to see your finished drawing, it's going to be smashing!

Grahame Butler said...

Thank you Bev, the re shaping is the down side, but the finished result is well worth it.